Monday, December 21, 2009

Cousins are a wonderful thing.


Family is certainly a wonderful thing but it's really special when there is a close bond between family members. It's even better when it's 5 people. Below are my 4 cousins and me on my Mother's side. 5 girls...and close today as we were as kids. We all still live within 45 minutes of one another and make it a point to see each throughout the year. Someday, I will have to do a 2 page layout of all the photos we have taken over the years of the 5 of us.


I captured us using the Nature's Storybook Paper kit by Webster's Pages. I love the many details that you can find and use in Webster's Pages. In particular, I think this Collection has such rich colors choices.




I used the Martha Stewart Doily punch to create this double layered photo mat. The butterfly, I cut out from the patterned papers and bent the wings up to bring it up off the page.




I added the dark purple and light purple paper from my cardstock, took the rest of the pattern scraps and cut out all these different flowers. The shapes are various flower punches and Sizzix dies, layered together. On the light purple, you can see where I used a word stamp to add details to the petals.




Happy Monday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment