Saturday, December 12, 2009

12 Tags of Christmas ~ Days 5 & 6


It's been a busy week here. I need more hours in a day or more limbs on my body.


I didn't forget the 12 tags of Christmas....here are days 5 & 6. I really loved Tim's Day 5 tag so I stuck pretty close to it. Instead of German Foil, I stamped designs on my edges and embossed with Detail Gold embossing powder. It gives a very similar look and is a bit less expensive for you budget savers.




The pictures inside the ornaments are from Crafty Secrets. The flourish is by 7 Gypsies and the "foil edges" are stamps by See Dee's. Background word stamp is by Hero Arts.




*Typical Disclaimer* Below is a picture of Tim's Day 5 Tag. The photo below and tag are the intellectual property of Tim Holtz and are only being used here as a comparison of inspiration. If you are following along, complete instructions and detailed photos of Tim's tag below can be found here.




For the Day 6 tag, I thought Tim's tag was incredibly creative. Since I didn't have a cool antique car stamp, I did my tag with the tree already delivered. Ha ha. I used a hymn page instead of a dictionary page for my background. The stamps are by Inkadinkadoo.




No Fluff Stuff here, so I embossed my Christmas tree on grungeboard and then covered over with White Acrylic paint to fill in the cracks. I finished off with Icicles Stickles by Ranger for sparkly snow.




Aren't you tired of reading these disclaimers yet?? Below is a picture of Tim's Day 6 Tag. The photo below and tag are the intellectual property of Tim Holtz and are only being used here as a comparison of inspiration. If you are following along, complete instructions and detailed photos of Tim's tag below can be found here.




If you're also doing the 12 tags, don't forget, Tim extended the deadline for the Grand Prize until Dec 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment