Monday, November 30, 2009

Gearing up for the 12 tags of Christmas


What is the 12 tags of Christmas you say? Well, it's certainly not about pied pipers and maids a milkin'. If you are at all a Tim Holtz fan then you'll know exactly what the 12 tags of Christmas is about.

Every year Tim Holtz, the wonderful wizard of all things distressable, uses his products and stamps to create 12 different technique tags....all Christmas of course. You can follow along with the fun here, starting tomorrow. I thought this year, I would attempt to try as many of the tags as I could using my own interpretation (ie. my hubby would kill me if I bought everything Tim made).

So to get my tag brain in gear, I started off with these two tags, using more scraps from my Winter Wings Deluxe Scrapbook Kit. For the first tag, I stamped the Season's Greeting image with VersaMark Ink and embossed with clear powder. I added the green background using Alcohol Inks by Ranger (Meadow and Lettuce used here) and edged with the Gold Mixative Alcohol Ink. I highlighted the snowflakes in white (Inkssentials White Opaque Pen). Next, I added Rangers Stickles (Christmas Red) for the berries. Finally, I accented with the red Poinsetta Prima flower, scraps from the Winter Wings paper, holly leaf and green trim from the Deluxe kit.




For the second tag, I inked the plain background with Distress Ink by Ranger (Antique Linen and Old Paper for the background, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo for the edges). I used a cursive background stamp from Hero Arts to fill in my background with another layer. The stamps were added, both by Inkadinkadoo and then accent items on the bottom of the tag from the Deluxe kit.




Alright Tim, I'm all warmed up. Let's get going!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment