Sunday, November 8, 2009

They don't stay this way long....


Ah, where has the time gone. This was my sweet firstborn when she was 3 months old. Darling, she still is...angel, well...some days that's a bit questionable. ;) I took the only relatively girly looking paper in the Little Sprout paper kit by Fancy Pants and made this tonight. It was a lot of fun.




I mentioned earlier this week that I was going to attempt the art of quilling. I even featured my friend, Melissa and her beautiful quilling work here. Her work inspired me to try and see if quilling had any future in my world of scrapping. Well, it was a bit of work, but it wasn't too bad. Of course, my meager butterfly doesn't even come close to the beauty of Melissa's work, but I'll let it stay on my layout. I found the pattern online by Antonella DeFalco. She has quite a few patterns that you can find here, should you decide to try this yourself.




Now, the fringe flowers, I also read about on Antonella's website. These were a lot of fun to do and suggest every one try them at least once. In the next couple days, I'll put up pictures and instructions on how I made the little ones.




And of course, bling! Lot's of bling! You'll notice in the picture above and below that cut around part of the flourish to overlap my photo. This is a perfect way to use some of those big patterned papers and not really lose it by trying to work around it.




Let me know if you decide to try quilling or fringe flowers. You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment