Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pick of the Patch


We took the girls to their first pumpkin patch this year. As my journaling states: "I'm not sure whether you both had more fun picking pumpkins or playing with the wagon. Either way, you had a grand time!" They loved it. I can see this turning into an annual event.

I created this using the leftovers I had from my Indian Summer Deluxe Kit. The design of the layout was inspired by a friend's challenge to scraplift one of three layouts. This is the original one I chose to inspire mine. Scraplifiting is a great way to get a kick start if your scrapping mojo is no where to be found. Scraplifting can involve copying a layout exactly, choosing the same color scheme or choosing certain elements and then creating your own layout. It can certainly be a touchy subject, particularly when it involves selling your creations. However, for personal scrapping when giving credit to the original artist, you'll usually find they are quite flattered.




Yes, another new flower technique. This time, I bring you the Paper Roses. The instructions can be found here. Note, after reading the instructions, if you want a smaller Paper Rose, then you can use less heart cut-outs. I used Pearl Glimmer Mist for an overall shimmer to the rose and then Star Dust Stickles to line the edges with sparkles. Beautiful, no?

You can also see some of the Faux Stitching technique around the brown paper.




Paper Pumpkins are one of the easier paper pieced items. For these, I cut out three ovals of similar size, inked the edges and then layered the middle one over the back two. I also added Rock Candy Crackle Paint for a shine and cool crackle effect. I used some of the patterned paper from the kit to easily coordinate them with my layout.




I don't often emboss over photos, but I thought the upper edge really needed something since I didn't choose to run the punched mat border all the way around. The stamp is by Bo Bunny. Note: be very careful when you are using the heat gun to emboss on a photo. Continually run it back and forth or you will burn your photo.




I have seen a lot of people ruffling ribbons lately and I just love the look of it. So I took the gorgeous brown wired ribbon, from the kit and created this border for the bottom of my photo.




And now that I've had fun scrapping as quickly as I could this weekend, I must get back to my other life. The tax world......

No comments:

Post a Comment