Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fall is my favorite season!!


Tammy, from Lil' Lambs Boutique, sent me the Basic Grey Indian Summer Deluxe Kit of the month. What fun items she packed into this kit. All the rich colors of Fall, in the papers, got me to thinking about how much I love the Fall Season. Although there are a lot of leaves to contend with, what joy and pleasure I get out of seeing God painting the trees first. Reds, Oranges, Yellows...I love them all.

Every Fall, our family takes a vacation to the mountains. If we hit the week just right, we're in peak season of fall foliage. Although, even if we're off by a week, it's still great to see the trees start to change and turn more colorful as each day passes of our vacation. Below is a picture of the "fire trees" as we call them. These are 2 trees that we watch every year on our vacation. When the sun hits them just right, they look like they're on fire. They are so beautiful. I told my husband that if we ever moved to a place where we needed to plant some trees, we would have to wait until Fall to pick them, so we would know what colors they would be. :)




If you've been following my blog, you know I've been on a new technique kick for the last month or so. It's been great learning to make new and different things. I wish my brain could come up with all of these. Alas, it often can't so I'll just share with you where I found them.

Below I made a flower called a LeFleur Flower. The instructions on how they are made can be found here. Aren't they cool looking? Extra patterned paper can be used to make wonderful coordinating flowers for your layouts. For an extra boost to my 3 flowers, I added Rock Candy Crackle Paint to them. Not only do they have the shine, but now they have the crackled effect to boot.




I love Crackle Paint and my collection of colors is rapidly increasing. Tammy certainly helped me out by adding some Antique Bronze Crackle paint to the kit. So I decided to make some Antique Bronze leaves.

First, I printed out a picture of a leaf shape from clip art. I carefully cut around the edge lines, leaving the middle in place, so I could create a mask. Second, I lay the mask directly on my layout and then brushed on the Crackle Paint. I lifted the mask very slowly and then let it dry. Third, I used some makeup sponges and different shades of Distress Ink to fill in the inside. Finally, I added some Rock Candy Crackle Paint (clear) on top to finish it off.

Something else to notice in the photo below is my reverse distressed edges. Instead of tearing the outside paper of my layout, I created a distressed edge on scrap paper. I laid the paper onto my layout a bit from the edge and then used sponges to add the Distress Ink. Now I have a "torn edge" but I still have a square layout.



What season do you enjoy the most and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment