Sunday, November 8, 2009

Let's hear it for the boys!


I am certainly not the huge whimsical scrapper but these past few weeks, I've awoken my inner cutesy and scrapped away. This was made using the adorable Fancy Pants line, Little Sprout, from Lil' Lambs Boutique. Look at how cute the monkey and lion are in this paper. Certainly very fitting paper for my cousins' children....ALL BOYS! What's up with that? I'm the lone holdout with two girls.

The journaling on the page reads: My girls don't stand a chance with all boy cousins. But at least they will never want for someone to play Prince Charming!




It's not often I get to make boy layouts. I'm all about the pinks and purples and bling, with two girls. There were some really cute patterns in this paper kit, so I decided to cut the top half of one paper, on a diagonal, and use some of the patterned paper for the bottom half. Instead of cutting a straight line, I used an exacto knife to cut out the rough outline on the diagonal. This helped the two papers to blend better instead of creating a harsh line.




You'll notice that I still had fun distressing up the cutsey paper. With time in the title and oodles of boys every where, I thought this the perfect opportunity to grab the gears and clock mask from Tim Holtz Idea-Ology. I used Peeled Paint Distress Ink to rub over the mask on the bottom. I used Broken China and Peeled Paint on top to create the gears, under the title. You can see the effect in the main layout up top.




I don't know if I'll ever get some girl cousins for my daughters. But if not I still have fun grabbing my boy stuff to do a layout every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment