Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Little Yellow Bicycle comes up with a winner!


Most often I will choose my photos and then find paper to match. But every once in a while, the papers will choose the photos. Here's a new layout using the Fresh Print Traveler paper kit from Lil' Lamb's Boutique. These photos happen to be 10 years old and just sitting in my photo box. Then along comes this line of paper and it's a match made in heaven. Ha ha.


This layout is one of my closest friends' wedding day. She'll be celebrating her 10th anniversary this month. Woo hoo. That's a new diamond, right?



Here are some close ups of the individual pages. For whatever insane reason, I have snubbed the fancy machines that cut fonts and I still do this crazy stuff myself with my swivel exacto knife. Keeps me sharp I guess (Oh man, was that another bad joke??). All the flowers and leaves were cut out from some of the Fresh Print Traveler paper. They made excellent embellishments. With all this great paper, I may never deplete my Prima stash.




Just wanted to point out here, that I changed the color of the blue flowers. They were bright blue and just did not go with this paper at all. A little "Faded Jeans" Distress Ink from Ranger and now you have a great match. Just because you don't have the right color flower doesn't mean you have to go out and buy new ones to match. Did I just say that? Recoloring them is a money saver tip for you. Just invest in a set of the Distress Ink pads and you can change pretty much anything.


One more money saving tip, because we're all in the same dreary economy. One of my favorite punches is the Threading Water punch by Fiskars. However, sometimes I want a bigger scallop with the same look. I have no idea if they sell a punch that is bigger but look at what I happened to find on a package of scrapping supplies. YES! A bigger scallop! So I cut off the product wrapping carefully and use this for a template to create my own big scallop border. Always watch what your supplies are wrapped in; you'll never know when you can use it on your next layout.


Happy anniversary my dear friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment