Sunday, August 9, 2009

Card Challenge at Lil' Lambs Boutique


This month, we're having a Card Challenge over at Lil' Lambs Boutique. The challenge is to color, in some fashion, a stamped image on your card. I had a lot of fun with a couple methods, making some sample entries for the challenge.



On the card above, I used the new Bo Bunny Gypsy line, that I just got in the mail from Tammy. The image is colored in using Alcohol Inks (Lights - Lakeshore used here) by Ranger. Alcohol Inks are best used on non-porous material such as Glossy paper that I used above. I dabbed the ink on the flowers for a lighter color. It's okay to use multiple colors at one time. For the bird, I just dripped the ink on and then blew it around on the paper. The color is more intense when you do it this way.



For this card, I colored in my images using Prisma colored pencils. I've always liked the way they blend together, as you can see in the close up below on the flower. I decided to add a Glossy Accents coating on the top to make them shine.



Here's a quick tip for sentiment stamps. I've notice a few of my sentiment stamps have all the words on one line. Oftentimes, I find that I do not have enough room to stamp the whole line. Easy enough fix: just ink the portion of words that you want to stamp on the first line. Be sure to clean the stamp really well after the first line. Then ink the rest of the words for the second line and stamp.

If you're a card maker, I hope you decide to give our challenge a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment