Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Miracle of Life


This week I'm working on a baby shower gift for an aquaintance that is expecting twins. Since it will be a boy and a girl, I got out my favorite Basic Grey line of all time (Phresh & Phunky) for the card. Why I love it so much, I don't know...but instead of hoarding it away and just bringing it out to look at; it's time to let it go to bless someone else. I've been seeing this tri-fold or tri-shutter card around for a bit and I thought it was time to try something new.




Front view:




Below is the inside view. The flourish is Grungeboard by Tim Holtz Idea-ology. I covered it in Distress Ink (Fired Brick) and then used two shades of Perfect Pearls (Gold and Blue from Aged Pantina set).




Here's a better look at the folded sections. The babies in the middle are from Crafty Secrets. I love their Vintage Ephemera.




And finally a look at the card once it's closed.




This actually turned out to be a lot easier than I thought it would. These were the instructions I used and they were very easy to follow. So now, why don't you venture out and make something different. Keep an eye out in the next day or two for the gift that I'm working on.

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Cheryl, this is just spectacular and the colors are so beautiful!!! I've been hoarding this collection too. Now you've inspired me to use it! Thanks for posting the link....I'm going to give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl!!!this is just beyond amazing!!!!! I am soooo going to have to try this! Up till now I haven't been much of a cardmaker but this has really inspired me!....thanks for the link!

    ~Gabi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo awesome the papers really made this so breathtaking!Sooo beautifly done!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete