Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas....


I'm in the Christmasy kind of mood this week. Could it be the Triple H threat here (Hot, Hazy, Humid) that has me hankering for a bit of snow? Could it be that summer is about to end and already I have friends whose kids are back in school (thinking of Christmas break, I'm sure)? Could it be the classic Tis the Season Christmas line from Bo Bunny I'm playing with, this week? Who knows. But get out your Christmas Carols and break into song while you're perusing Christmas past.



Note here that the brackets on the sides are cut outs from the double print layers on the Chorus die cut paper. After cutting out the bracket design around the paper, I still have the middle left for another layout (look for it later this week).



The photo collage was so easy to make using photo collage templates from Scrapbooks Etc. They have many designs and they really work well when you need to incorporate a lot of photos from a specific event into one design.



Here's a close up of my woven ornament. I grabbed some scrap pieces from my earlier cutting and wove about 6 strips of each pattern together. I then glued the woven square onto scrap paper and cut out a circle. No gluing of all the strips needed if you do it this way. Stickles outlines the edge and a ribbon finished it off.



I just have to point out here, that my girls were sooooo excited to be leaving cookies for Santa this past year. They helped make them and decorate them and were quite pleased to see only cookie crumbs the next morning.

So if you can't stand the heat, get out those Christmas papers. Things will cool off faster than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment