Sunday, August 29, 2010

Not Lost...Some Cosmo Cricket for you...

 
I'm not lost fellow crafty gurus.  Just a reminder for those newly following my blog...every quarter I get bogged down in a crunch time with my tax work.  It's a bummer on the craft mojo BUT it helps keep me in my craft room and not out on the street.  So if I disappear for a couple of weeks, you know I'm just up late at night crunching numbers instead of paper.

Tammy from Lil' Lambs Boutique just sent me a whole passel full of new kits and joy, joy, joy...I've got Christmas goodies for you.  I've seen quite a few cute Christmas lines so far.  Tammy is carrying both the Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather paper line or if you like matching embellies, take a look at her Mitten Weather Deluxe Kit.  Here is layout number 1 using the Deluxe kit.  I made it for a challenge on a scrapping forum I frequent.  The challenge was to scraplift a layout from Suzanne S seen here.  Below is my take on her layout.




I used the Martha Stewart Layered Arches border punch to add some red to the edges. The border around the outer part of the page was created using a SandyLion border stamp that my friend Donna blessed me with (including a bunch more stamps which I hope to use soon, thanks Lady!!).  After stamping the edge in Sepia Ink, I added Ruby Red Liquid Pearls in between the arches.




I have to say that I really love the purple that Cosmo added into this standard Christmas color line. I think it makes it stand out from your average Christmas line.  It gives you that alternative to go full on Christmas or just a more wintry type of layout.  Either way, I think you'll enjoy using it.




This layout is dedicated to all of you that have been sportin' a 100+ degrees the past couple of months!!!

1 comment: