Saturday, June 19, 2010

Some people are just made for each other

I received the Basic Grey Cappella Mini Album Kit from Lil' Lambs Boutique and I went in search of photos to go with it.  Unfortunately, I had just finished a wedding album as a gift and my wedding photos were long done...so what to do...what to do.   I just happened to remember seeing a friend's wedding photos that she posted to Facebook and thought how fun it would be to use her photos for the album and then give them the finished product as a wedding gift...albeit a touch late.  Their photos struck me because you can literally tell how in love they are with each other...not to mention they're so cute when they post on Facebook too.  Anyway, let's head off to the races because this turned out not to be so mini an album afterall.


The Cappella line is a rather subdued line with cream, light yellows, pale pinks and greys.  This makes it perfect to accent with any color cardstock that picks up the colors used in the wedding. 




I created my only real big 3D embellishment, making the cardstock rose, using Tim Holtz's tutorial here.




 The flourish at the bottom is created using liquid pearls.  You can see my tutorial here.




All edges of the mini album were punched using Martha Stewart border punches. I used the same border punch for the front and back of each individual page and then glued the punched edges together. I opted for only 2 sides because of the unusal size of the tag album, which didn't fit the standard around the page measurements for the border punches.




The kit comes with a tremendous amount of tags that can be cut up to use as embellishments.




It also came with complete instructions for finishing each page.  You can opt to follow them or throw caution to the wind along with the directions and do your own thing.  Their version put mini tags in between the bigger pages and I didn't care for the look of the mini tag covering part of the photo, so I opted to pop up some of the photographs and create a tag insert instead.








Don't be afraid to run over the edges a bit when you add embellishments.  That's half the fun with mini albums is chocking them full of embellishments.  If you do have one hang over the edge, such as a tag, ink the back of it with a neutral/dark color and it will be less obvious than stark white (see photo above for back of tag sticking out).




These flowers are from the new Tim Holtz Alteration dies...oh my, I love his stuff! I stamped the background, of the big flower, with a stamp from his Stamper's Anonymous collection.






What's a project without butterlies?  Here, I transfered a rub-on buttefly onto transparency paper.  After cutting out around the edges of the butterfly, I heated it with a heat gun.  This curls up the wings and lifts it off the paper, when glued down.




For the tag at the bottom, I cut out an additional heart shape and the internal wings, inked the edges and then popped them up with pop dots for a dimensional tag.










This is absolutely my favorite photo of all of them.  All the wedding photos used in the album are courtesy of the very talented Julie Dreelin, from Beach Productions.




Here are the tags I inserted throughout the album for the Bride to complete of her treasured day.




And finally....the end.  Understated...but hey, something should be.




And there you have it!  Congratulations Beth & George.  May you have many incredible years of happiness, blessed by the Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment