Friday, October 2, 2009

Wedding Gift for my Friend


I'm pretty sure this is safe to post here, since my friend is the Groom and I seriously doubt he is here checking out my scrapping blog. So here we go. This wedding is unique to me, in that, the Bride & Groom sent out their gift request in their invitation. Attendees are requested to give their favorite bottle of wine to the couple. Tags for the gift givers name were included. How neat is that?


The Mini Album, I made and posted here earlier. It is based on the "Love" Chapter in the Bible - I Corinthians 13. Close ups can be seen here. I used one of the wine carriers we received as a gift, at our wedding, and recovered it to match the mini album. Finally, I made a coordinating card to go with the gift theme. I used the Basic Grey Wisteria Paper Kit.






I marbled purple cardstock for the top of the wine carrier. This is pretty easy to do. I used 3 colors of Distress Ink (Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Walnut Stain) and 1 colored Prisma Pencil. I started with the lightest color Distress Ink and swirled it on the paper with a makeup sponge. Next I dabbed on the other two colors sporadically with a makeup sponge and then used a clear part of the sponge to blend them slightly. Next, I took a pale purple colored Prisma pencil and drew in my marbeling lines. A blending stick can soften the harsh edges. I love this effect and just wish my dear husband would let me do our house walls!!




Below is a close up of the coordinating card. In keeping with the wedding theme, I paper pieced a wine barrel, wine glass, wine bottle and red grapes, of course.




It's a bit hard to see here in the picture, but I added Glossy Accents to the wine bottle, glass and grapes for an epoxied effect.




Here's toasting a glass to my friend and his lovely bride. May you have an abundance of God's blessings and a long, happy life together!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Cheryl this is just sooo beautiful!What an awesome gift you have created lovin the marbled paper...you are sooo inspiring!God has blessed you with your amazing talents!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Cheryl...it's all beautiful...but the paper piecing is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absoultely Gorgeous! Love love love the marbled paper and the paper piecing - fogetaboutit!

    ReplyDelete