Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!!

Happy Halloween my fellow readers.  I woke up this morning with sleepy eyes and a numb thumb and forefinger which makes for interesting typing.  Yesterday was pumpkin carving day at our house.  We love to carve and usually end up buying way too many pumpkins each year.  I thought you'd enjoy our selection for this year.


Having 2 young kiddos, we are big on the Dreamworks/Pixar/Disney deal here.  So a montage of this year's character winners in our house.


Current favorite movie: How to Train Your Dragon.  Toothless is just plain adorable and how could you not like Hiccup.




Next up: Monsters vs. Aliens   It's such a hard choice between the characters because we love them all but B.O.B. is highlarious.  Next year, we may have to do Dr. Cockroach...because his Mwah ha ha cackle is just perfect for Halloween.




But so far, our all time house favorite is Ice Age 3 and the one oft most quoted.  It was the original intention of this carver to do Buck, but he was too many shades of white to work well in Pumpkin Carving...at least for my current set of skills.  So we have our second favorite...Scrat aka Crazy Squirrel.




Next up, my dear daughters' pumpkins.  They got to pick their pattern choice this year and this is what they came up with.


Conversation with my youngest:
Me: So, you're picking a Spooooky Ghost.
Youngest: No Mom, he's a friendly ghost.  See, he's smiling!




Oldest: Not quite sure yet why she picked a skull but it's the one she wanted.  So here it is.




And finally, I was going to attempt another Twilight themed pumpkin this year.  But my plans were thwarted when one of my friends was trying to guess what my How To Train Your Dragon pumpkin was and she guessed, in jest I hope, Jon Bon Jovi.  LOL  Um....No.  So I decided in honor of her to do one JBJ just for her.  Enjoy!!




Hopefully, I'll get some Halloween layouts up soon!!  Be safe tonight and please watch out for the kiddos!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow - these are amazing Cheryl - especially the JBJ one. Has Jeni seen this one yet? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My whole creative life has just been shamed by your awesome pumpkins! Great job.

    ReplyDelete