Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Silly Bandz no longer on the loose...

Have the Silly Bandz craze invaded your home yet?  I tried to keep them from our home in a passive way but alas, they have creeped in.  My girls receive them from friends, from Sunday School teachers and now they have convinced me to purchase a set for them...on sale of course.  Rule #1: If I see a Silly Bandz left on the floor...it's next home is the trash can.  Rule #2: Make sure the first part of rule #1 doesn't happen. 


So I thought I'd help the girls out a bit on their quest to collect and keep their Silly Bandz.  I found these two little boxes in a clearance pile at a local craft store and decided to dress them up and offer them to the girls for their new wrist fad.  They each picked out a picture from the Die Cut Card sheet of my Delovely Deluxe kit and I colored it in and dressed up their boxes.  I'll seal them with acrylic spray to hopefully prevent some wear and tear from the use they'll get. 




Here's another top view.




And the Copic colors I used.






So, had the Silly Bandz craze hit your house yet?  What is the latest fad where you are?


Wood boxes: AC Moore
Copic Sketch Markers
Paper: Patterned Paper (Cosmo Cricket Delovely)
Flower:  Prima

Punch: Arched Lattice Martha Stewart border  punch
Ranger Ink Liquid Pearls: Lemon Yellow 
Misc: Ribbon, Pop Dots, Glossy Accents
 

No comments:

Post a Comment