Thursday, February 18, 2010

Multi-tasking is my life


Basic Grey does it again with their Origins paper line. This line is a wonderful collection of springy patterns with fall colors. Lil' Lambs Boutique is carrying the 11 piece Origins paper kit which I used below (this includes one of their laser cut doilies), or if you prefer to have design ideas created for you, they are also carrying the 4 page Origins Scrapbook kit.


The title of the layout says it all. This is my life wrapped up in 11 journaling strips. The time of day depends on which hat I'm wearing at the moment and sometimes I have 4-5 hats thrown my way at one time. I just know there is someone else out there that can relate.


To create this layout, I cut out the middle section of the background paper and backloaded it with a different pattern. I brushed up on my hand sewing skills and sewed a zig zag stitch all around to separate the patterns. To complete the layout, I added the photo, all the journaling strips and cut flowers from one of the papers.




Basic Grey always offers papers in their collections that are perfect for die cuts. I grabbed the big floral patterned paper and cut many of the flowers out to put around the edge of the photo. Remember to pop a few of the flowers up on top of others to give your layout some dimension.




I inked around the edges of the journaling strips with Distress Ink from Ranger (Shabby Shutters and Tea Dye used here). The blend of these goes very well with the flower colors in the papers, no? Strip journaling is one of my favorite ways to journal. I'm not a big journaler to begin with, so bullet points seem to work very well for my style.






Don't forget to do a page about you every once in a while. Your kids and grandkids will appreciate a peek into your own self-reflection.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout Cheryl. Thanks for the heads up on the BG papers.

    ReplyDelete