Sunday, February 21, 2010

Finishing up with some Basic Grey


I wanted to post my other Basic Grey project before the weekend was over because next week...Websters Pages....woo hoo! I finished up working with the Origins line I got from Lil Lambs Boutique. Here I used one of their Laser Cut doilies. They are very nice and heavy weight Laser Cuts. And beautiful too.

Because I had used the similar cut paper on my last project, I opted to cut my Doily into 4 pieces. The curved edges suited my purposes for turning this into a giant flower.




I used of the leftovers of the big flower patterned paper to make my flower grouping below. I left the darker flowers on bottom and popped up the lighter ones on top.




The itty bitty flowers came in handy to use around my stem flourish.




For the center ring on the flower below, I used the checked green paper in the collection. I grabbed a journal stamp from Stampers Anonymous and used Ranger Embossing ink to stamp over the entire ring. I covered with embossing powder and finished it with my heat gun. After embossing I inked the ring with Shabby Shutters Distress ink and then Tea Dye Distress ink. See how the embossed area resisted the Distress ink and created a different pattern atop of the checked pattern. I love doing this Emboss Resist technique.




I finished up the layout with journaling my title and the stitched edges with my White Inksessentials pen.

Fast, easy and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment