Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hanging with my girls


As a Mom and a Scrapper, it's not often that I get to be in front of the camera. And to get a picture of myself with both my girls is a real treat...even if we were freezing. I may have to make that a goal this year...to get in front of the camera more. Someday, when my grandkids are looking through my scrapbooks, I want them to know that Grandma was around "in those days."


This month you'll be seeing a few layouts using the gorgeous Bo Bunny Snowy Serenade line. My January kit from Swirlydoos was jam packed with wintery goodness and I can't wait to do some more layouts. I used the gorgeous Die Cut sheet from the kit and cut the center portion out to be used on another layout.




I wanted to show you a close up of the quote. It's such a great one and so true. I picked it up from LilAngelzMom in a Quote Challenge I've entered. The snowflake is a woodcut snowflake that I inked with Dusty Concord distress ink and then brushed with Perfect Pearls (Pearl color).




Check out the shimmer on this die cut paper. Glittered edges and shimmery embossing everywhere. After cutting out the center portion of the Die Cut sheet, I used Tea Dye and Dusty Concord Distress Inks to create an internal border. I also used Dusty Concord to sponge some color onto the White Prima flowers and edges of the Hydrangea Flowers.




The inner photo mat was created using Martha Stewart's Loop Combo punch set. I used a Tattered Angels Snowflake Glimmer Screen in the corner and then spritzed on Raven Glimmer Mist. The heart flourish is from Autumn Leaves and the flourishes around the photo are from Inkadinkadoo.




Before gluing down the Die Cut sheet, I stamped on the background cardstock with Inkadinkadoo flourishes, so they would peep out from behind.




Remember, make an effort to step out in front of the camera this year. You owe it to your descendents.

4 comments:

  1. I love everything about this page. The flowers are phenomenal. So very beautiful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS LO! Love how you did your flowers and the stamping. Beautiful job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...just beautiful. Love the saying also...I'd like to use that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is sooo awesome!!!Love the colors and the quote!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete